Jan 20, 2013

Hideaway Park

"Grandpa, why does that sign say Hideaway Park 4 miles?" "If the park is hidden away, it's a secret, why would they put up a sign telling you where to find it?"

I love the innocent questions of my 7 year old grandson. He's a thinker. As children grow, they learn many things by asking questions like these. It's a simple question, yet spot-on, right on the mark. After all, if the park is hidden away, why would you draw attention to it with a sign?


What about your hidden hideaways? What do you hideaway in your heart? A longing for a peaceful quiet place? A place filled with the new life of nature? With the gentle flutter of a butterfly over a flower? Or for salvation of your spouse? Your child? Your mother?

Or darkness from that secret sin, that darkness that brings you down, prevents you from living life to the fullest? Is your hidden life a distraction, to be addressed and moved beyond. David was a man after God's own heart, and is often considered the greatest king of Israel. Yet he was also a warrior, an adulterer, and a murderer. And as he recognized and confessed his sin, he wrote these words to remind us, to seek the Lord with all our hearts. And to hide His Words in your heart. It's the beginning of healing, and the start of the journey to peace and a joy filled life.

Be encouraged by the Word of God:

From Psalm 119

I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you